Sitting at the kitchen counter at my parent’s house, I am in the vortex of slow internet, things that need to get done and not enough time to get to everything. My mom’s surgery is tomorrow. My birthday is also tomorrow. We are trying to get a little holiday cheer in before then and keep her relaxed and ready.
I feel like two people. One person is in the moment of now, prepared to merge into other people’s plans and agendas. The other person is going through an evolution. This trip has created new thoughts and ideas on community and isolation. I probably need a couple of days to process and then I will share.
In the meantime, I thought I would share a list of things that made the trip more bearable…maybe there are some last minute gift ideas in the mix. Merry Christmas!
Essentials for a Road Trip
- Tempurpedic Neck Pillow – to be used on lap to rest arm when driving and/or for back support
- Dr Bronner’s Peppermint Soap – with me at every bathroom stop
- Essential Oils of Rosemary, Peppermint and Eucalyptus – a long deep sniff gave me a nice little jolt of energy
- Car Safety harness and travel basket for dogs
- Prosperity Bracelets -Reminding me to set good intentions for the journey
- The Puff Jacket (Thanks for the inspiration Erika!!)
- Check in calls from friends and family – Thank you Mom, Papa D, Sissy, Scott, Ben, Jennifer, Mary, Tom, Tish, Kristin and Jeffery
Posts to Come:
- The Anatomy of a Honk (total account of the honks and what happened)
- What I Have Learned
- Plans for the Journey Back
To see all posts related to this journey in chronological order, click here.