How did anyone travel across country without cool apps on their phone? I drove from Michigan to Texas after I graduated from High School. There were not cell phones then…how in the world did I manage?!!!
As I prepare to depart this weekend, I took some time to look for apps and relocate shortcuts that will make my trip more bearable. Here is my top 10 list of road trip apps.
1. Beat the Traffic – Maps out accidents and area to avoid.
2. Car Dock – Big Icons, Speed Dial important contacts, access most use apps with ease.
3. Gas Buddy – To seek out best gas prices
4. Geo Reader – Alerts you when you are close to historical landmark and/or points of interest
5. NPR Road Trip – Helps you find NPR station in the area and gives you station id.
6. Pandora – To discover new music
7. Rhapsody – To listen to my own playlist
8. Social Networking – Allows me to voice post to Facebook and twitter
9. SpringPad – Easy voice note taking
10. TweetCaster – Allows me to voice post to Facebook and twitter, good if you have multiple twitter accounts.
Christmas Town Live Wallpaper – This is the first app I was willing to pay for and it has not let me down. This app is holiday festive and makes all interaction with the phone more enjoyable!!! I love watching Santa land and greet the people in the town. (featured in photos)
To see all posts related to this journey in chronological order, click here.